Tuesday, May 25, 2004

And We're Back

I made it back to Santa Clarita yesterday all in one piece. Ok, so maybe a little worse for wear. I got sunburned like you wouldn't believe at graduation Saturday. It was outside and I didn't wear sunscreen. Fortunately, that wasn't the subject of the commencement address. Anyway, my arms and face and neck were pretty sore. Today, my nose started to peel. Hopefully the rest follows soon. At least it doesn't hurt any more.

Graduation was ok. Three and a half hours on matal folding chairs. You do the math. Certainly had bottomics by the time it was over.

But got to spend lots of time with my family, which was nice. I'm actually beginning to feel upset about Mike and Zoe moving to Dallas, and I don't see Mike more then six or seven times a year as it is. What's up with that?

Met up with Donald for lunch yesterday. Got to look at the professional pictures from the wedding. Most of them look very nice, even the ones I'm in. :) I had him order some for me, even though they are extrememly expensive. Not sure I can afford it, but since I forgot my camera, I needed something.

And, Donald was once again telling me about options for working for his bank. I really need to do something to get my career going again. I'm making significantly less then I would be making out in the real world. Enough difference that I could have no roommates in my condo and not even have to worry about it. Which would be so wonderful. Yes, I'd probably want one so I didn't get bored out of my mind, but that would be all.

Meanwhile, I think I'm full again. Got a guy who's supposed to be moving out here from Kansas this weekend and one of Benjamin's friends is most likely going to move in. Seemless rent income! I love it.

In other news, found out last night that the Durons just accepted a job offer to be Associate Pastor in a church in Idaho. They're going to move by the end of the summer. I'm still slightly in a state of shock and can't quite believe they're going. I'm really going to miss them. They're some of the first people I turn to for help in town.

Let's see, what else is going on. I'm in the middle of two books right now. I was listening to Faded Coat of Blue while driving over the weekend. After 9 hours, the last tape wouldn't work! Fortunately, I own the book, so I need to pull it out and see how it ends. Meanwhile, I've finally hit the half way point of Spring Rain. I like Gayle Roper's stuff, but this book is so emotionally charged it's hard to read.

And this week's word association:

  1. Finale:: End
  2. Martial arts:: Breaking boards
  3. Flirt:: Dot
  4. Energy:: Level
  5. Flavor:: Ice cream!!!!
  6. Guess?:: What!
  7. Accomplishment:: Me today. (I really did get alot done)
  8. Prom:: Dance
  9. Diploma:: Graduate
  10. Bloody:: Disgusting


And a new one I've found. For some reason, I think I will have fun answering the TV Tuesday.

1. What's your favorite sitcom?
Well, I'd have to say one of three. I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, or Newhart.

2. Is there a sitcom you really don't like?
Just Shoot Me. I have never found it that funny. I'm not a big fan of Will and Grace or Seinfeld, either. Of course, with Seinfeld, I sometimes think it's because I'm just showing my independence, but I've never seen that many episodes to tell for sure. The one's I've watched just haven't grabbed me.

3. Which sitcom did you used to like, but now it just seems too hokey?
I really can't think of any, although I've always thought Beverly Hillbillys and Gilligan's Island were hokey.

~Bonus~ If your life was a sitcom, what would the title be?

Stop My Life, I'd Like to Catch Up!

No comments: