Thursday, May 29, 2003

Quiz day once again at RRfSSC. starting with the dinner edition of Mary's Tuesday Two.

1. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in a public restaurant?
I’ll have to go with a stray straw cover going into a neighbor’s food as well. Fortunately, my parents also still blow off the covers, so I don’t get in trouble for the accidental stray paper.

2. What did you have, or are planning to have, for dinner today?
I don’t know. I’m getting together with friends who are coming through from out of town, and we haven’t decided where we’re eating yet. Boring answer, isn’t it?

And now, for today's Thursday Threesome, brought to us this week by your grammar and The Back Porch. (And not to be stolen by Susansuth this week because she cheated and didn't wait for me to put mine up.)

Onesome: Ain't- There's a lot of slang floating around out there. Some of it has even found its way into the dictionary. Is there any one word that you find more annoying than others? That you just wish would fall off the face of the planet, never to be heard again?
Ain’t. I was horrified when I learned it had made the dictionary. Fortunately, Word doesn’t seem to recognize it.

Twosome: It- It's/Its, they're/their/there. Just a few of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language. So the question is, when you blog, do you worry about grammar, punctuation and spelling? If you notice a typo do you go back and edit? Or do you shrug it off because everyone makes typos?
If I notice a typo, I’ll go back and correct it. Every so often, I’ll run something through Word first. But most of the time, I’m just lazy and don’t worry about it. Which is really bad with how bad I am at typos and misspellings and stuff like that.

Threesome: Purty?- Purty/pretty, crick/creek, warsh/wash. All common pronunciations, whether they sound pretty or not. And one is mispronounced. What's one commonly mispronounced word that just drives you nuts?
Harriss/Harass. Absolutely drives me up a wall when it’s not pronounced properly.

No comments: