Monday, May 12, 2003

Friday, I went to Career group Bible study for the first time in weeks. And what do I find out? It's a game night. So we played Catch Phrase and Spoons before I left. I went home intending to go straight to bed, but wound up watching Marcus played Risk on his computer for a couple hours. Yep, pretty pathetic. Then, when I did get to bed, I stayed up to finish my book. Really enjoyed it, too.

So Saturday, I didn't get going very early, so I skipped graduation. I was feeling domestic when I got up, so I cut my hair, then vacuumed the apartment and washed my sheets. When they were done, the laundry room was still pretty empty, so I washed towels, too. Now, tonight, I just have to do two loads of clothes.

So, the laundry room was closed for three days so they could remodel it. Best I can tell, all they did was replace two dryers that weren't necessarily working well with two older models. And that took three days?

I don't think I've mentioned the fact that I'm growing a beard. At least trying to. I still seem to have the basic problem I've had for years. I have nice bald spots on my cheeks. It's look a little better, but I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep it. And yes, I did start this as the weather finally started to warm up.

It was in the 70's all weekend. Finally, so decent spring weather where you don't need your coat outside.

Tried to go to the movies with Heather Saturday night. Yet the movie we were going to see was canceled for a sneak preview. Didn't know about that, even though I'd called them that afternoon. So we went to Cold Stone Creamery instead. Heather really wanted her study break. :)

Sunday, I just lazed around the apartment. Didn't go to Seminary graduation, either. Feeling kinda guilty about that today, especially since Billy (the co-worker that graduated) has been talking about it. My boss's son graduated as well.

But, I did talk to Mom and Grandma and finished Red Card, the recent winner of the Agatha in the kid's book category. Really enjoyed it, too.

And, by skipping graduation, I got to watch the Survivor finale last night. Shocked doesn't even begin to cover it, but I'm not upset with the outcome. They did vote off Rob afterall.

BTW, I got to thinking about the good news in Phil not giving me the time off I want right away. He seems to think me taking time off would be a problem in July, something that wouldn't be the case if I weren't going to have a job in July! (Yes, the talking to I got two months ago really has me rattled.)

No comments: