Saturday, April 26, 2003

My weekend isn't going as planned at all. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Last night, I decided not to go to Magic Mountain after all. With the LA Time book festival today, I didn't want to be too tired, especially since Jars, the only group I was interested in, wasn't playing until 11. Then I changed my mind. And changed it back again. Over and over and over again. See, I really am that indecisive. :)

Of course, it didn't help when I started to watch What I Like About You. The plot? Trying to get someone outside the apartment and interacting with people. So I called Kurt's celphone. But by the time I got ahold of him it was even later, and the 11 PM concert was already full. They had tickets to the 12:30 AM concert, but I decided not to try to join them after all. I was majorly bummed until I realized something. A) This is the first time in a long time I've done something like this (made a decision and then been very upset by it) and B) I actually did something about it (by calling Kurt) instead of just feeling sorry for myself. See, I'm getting better. :)

Today was as fun as I'd hoped it would be, however. Met Angelique at the LA Times Book Festival. Got the couple books autographed that I wanted to get autographed and chatted with the authors I wanted to catch up with. Only bought two books, and I was planning to get both of them from Amazon.

Which brings me to how the book festival became a "problem." Both of these authors weren't there today but will be tomorrow. Taffy Cannon (aka Emily Toll) isn't that big a deal. She's a local author and I can catch her any time. However, Donna Andrews is a much bigger deal. Considering she lives in Virgina, it's a little harder to get her to autograph books. So I'll be heading back down to UCLA to get those books signed tomorrow. So much for my relaxing afternoon at home. :)

No comments: