Tuesday, December 31, 2002

There's nothing like an evening with Mary. And it took me until the 6th episode before I skipped the openning song, too. :) Also watched the special features on disc 4. Probably won't watch more then one or two tonight. Probably two. Finish off disc 1 and it ends with the classic "Snow Must Go On" with everyone stuck in election headquarters all night with no updates. I love that one.

I didn't tell you about my favorite Christmas present. I believe I've mentioned in the past that my brother plays piano quite well. Earlier this month, he had a friend record him, and he gave a CD of him playing to a bunch of people for Christmas. It sounds wonderful. Definitely something with a personal touch I will always treasure.

Also didn't mention seeing My Big Fat Greek Wedding with my family. Definitely a chick flick. :) Don't know if I might have enjoyed it more if not sitting next to my parents, but that probably didn't help either. Enjoyed it, just not the wonderful movie I thought it would be.

Just got back from seeing Treasure Planet. I don't know why everyone was so critical of it, I thought it was wonderful, from the look and feel to the story. Stayed pretty close to the book, or at least the Disney live action. If you get a chance, I'd say go see it.

Called home last night to get the Monday news. And it was all good. Escrow did indeed close on Grpop's place yesterday, so we beat the end of the year deadline. Also, the cardiologist said that Grandma's heart is till fairly strong, so he thinks she can have the knee replacement surgury and be ok. Now, to get the swelling down and get it scheduled.

And, only 5 days late, thought I'd close out the day with last week's Thursday Threesome.

Onesome: Merry: Merry times? Hey, did you have a Merry Christmas? How did things turn out for you and yours after all the work and time you put in preparing for the big day?
As I already shared, Christmas was a mixed bag because of the emotions going on around us. We did have a good day at my uncle and aunts.

Twosome: Christmas: Christmas presents? Did you get what you wanted from Santa? ...or are you headed back to the stores with the rejects on 'Reverse Shopping Day'?

People stayed pretty close to my lists, so I'm happy. :)

Threesome: Everyone! Is everyone back to the normal routine today, like work and homemaking and such. ...or are you still entertaining? ...or maybe just taking a well deserved break from it all?
Well, obviously it wasn't on Thursday, or I would have posted this on time. :) Still a little off. Going back to work on Thursday will put my back on track.

No comments: