Thursday, March 22, 2012

Weekend with My Parents Part 1

This last weekend, my parents were in town.  It was so great to have them here.  We spent a lot of time Friday night and Saturday in the trailer.  It was raining much of that time.  In fact, it poured for a while.  Can't complain too much because we desperately need rain.  We're behind even for Southern California.

Anyway, time in the trailer means games, and we played lots of them, specifically Rummikub which is Mom's favorite game.  We also played a round of Phase 10 dice.

Sunday, choir was singing in church, and Mom and Dad came to hear me sing.  We sang three songs, and I thought it went well, especially for me, who didn't have a parts CD to learn from this time around.  It helps that I am a strong bass on both sides of me, so I can cue myself off of them.  Mom and Dad enjoyed it.

After church, we headed out to lunch with my friends Josh and Beth, so Mom and Dad finally got to meet them.  Then it was back to my condo where they got to meet one of my roommates.  Mom decimated us in Mexican Train Dominos.  We got in a walk after the rain and then watched The Amazing Race.

Plus we got some chocolate lava cakes from Trader Joe's to celebrate my birthday.

All in all, it was a very good weekend.

No comments: