Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Criminal Plots Reading Challenge II

I really can't believe I missed the announcement for the Criminal Plots Reading Challenge II.  I'm not sure if I would have signed up if the categories were the same as last year, but since they are different, I'm going to give it a whirl.  That means I only have 9 months to read them all, but I can do it.  And no, I'm not going back to count books I've already read this year (unless I get absolutely desperate.)

The categories are:

1. Novel with a weapon in the title
2. Book published at least 10 years ago
3. Book written by an author from the state where you live
4. Book written by an author using a pen name
5. Novel whose protagonist is the opposite gender of the author
6. Stand-alone novel by an author who writes at least one series

I've actually already plotted out most of these (and I just saw them yesterday).  #5 is the biggest challenge for me only because I'm having a hard time thinking of one outside the examples given.  Anyway, in case things change, I won't fill any in until I've read them, but when I do, they'll go here and the links will take you to my reviews on Epinions.

1. Frozen Heat by Richard Castle
2. Murder on Monday by Ann Purser
3. Hide and Snoop by Sue Ann Jaffarian
4. Dead Man Waltzing by Ella Barrick
5. The Cat Who Talked Turkey by Lillian Jackson Braun
6. The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan

No comments: