Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for March 31st

I told you I'd catch up at some point.  Of course, next week I'll go back to being behind again.  But for now, here we go.

Fairly Legal – That ending was a coop out.  I mean, to have to get the police involved?  Where was the mediation.  However, Kate and Lauren living together might be interesting.  And that new partner needs to come down a few pegs.  Still not completely sure what his purpose on the show is.  Maybe a love triangle?  But I like Kate with Justin!

In Plain Sight – I actually liked Dalia at the end for the first time ever.  Of course, she actually had more to do than be annoyingly perky.  Not sure what the point of bringing back the spiritualist was.  And seeing the whole crew being so sweet with the baby was so cute (which would annoy Mary to no end).  I’ll be interested to see if the politics of closing the office is what ends the series.

Nikita – It feels like they are ending some storylines with getting rid of Michael’s ex and son and sending Alex’s mom off to Greece.  My guess is they are now ramping up for the season finale.  The next few weeks ought to be great.

The Amazing Race – Nothing like watching them scrape oil off men with your mom right there talking about how gross it is.  Granted, I agree, but it didn’t help.  I’m beginning to think I’m not rooting for anyone this time around.

Once Upon a Time – I was actually impressed with how they brought the Mad Hatter into things.  And I found it interesting how he knew about the curse.  I wonder if there is anyone else out there who knows.  For that matter, I wonder how Henry figured it all out.  The look on Regina’s face when she saw Mary Margaret in jail was priceless.  Now, I just wonder which side Mr. Gold is really on.  Yes, his own, but what is he getting out of this mess?

Castle – Well, one secret is out.  Castle knows that Beckett remembers “I love you.”  I’ll be interested to see how that plays out next week.  Meanwhile, I was impressed with the way they made the bombing at an Occupy Wall Street clone not be politically motivated.  Yes, they could have done better with the “anti” guy who was a suspect, but it was nice that he wasn’t the villain.

Dancing with the Stars – I wasn’t as impressed with the dances this week.  And, shocker, the person at the bottom of the rankings went home.

Ringer – Every time I think the show can’t shock me anymore, it does.  So, the ex-wife is trying to kill Shioban.  And faking Bridget’s death (which I knew was going on from the opening) isn’t going to solve anything.  How long will it be before she is discovered?  Meanwhile, I hope the next time they show Shioban and Bridget together it’s not a flashback or fantasy but actually happening.  That being in the teasers is such a crock.

Psych – I’m not a fan of Woody, so I wasn’t that impressed by this episode.  I even figured out the killer early on, although the motive was a surprise.

Survivor – So, I’m not sure whose side anyone is on at the moment, although if the women want to band together, they will certainly have the numbers now.  I think this is the most unpredictable season we’ve had for a while, and I’m curious to see what happens next week.  I’m sure it will get predictable in a week or two, but for now I’m in the dark.


The Big Bang Theory - You know, I was expecting more from the "Spock" episode.  It wasn't as funny as it could have been.  But the scene with Sheldon trying to lie was priceless.  And Raj's storyline was just painful.

Fairly Legal - While I was bothered by last week's ending, I liked this one.  Maybe the show is more of a mystery show than I realized.  I liked how Kate found out about the lies and potentially brought the family back together.  And how she is starting to work things out with Patrick.  Lauren is hot with her hair down.  But I hate the new guy.  Really, really can't stand him.

In Plain Sight - Not really sure I have much to say on this one.  Again, Delia wasn't that annoying.  It's like they're trying to make her a real character finally.

Nikita - That ending says it all.  While I don't get why Amanda let Nikita live, her reaction to her weakness (horror) vs. Nikita's reaction to her strength (pride and joy) was spot on for the characters.  With Percy back in charge and Amanda now on the run, we're in for an interesting final few episodes of the season.

No comments: