Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fiddler Again

This weekend, I got to see Fiddler on the Roof at Glendale Centre Theatre.  I fell in love with the show all over again.  In fact, I'd forgotten just how good it was.

That's kind of funny coming from me, someone who likes happy endings and doesn't go for the more realistic stuff.  The second act in this musical is so sad.  Yet I really enjoy it.

I blame that on having been in it.  In fact, there are lots of parts I still remember very well.  Not the steps to the bottle dance, but lines and songs.  Having the soundtrack helps with that.

There's just something about it that grabs me and draws me to those characters so quickly.  The first act is lots of fun.  But as the second act comes into focus, it's so hard to keep from crying at some of the stuff that happens.

I can't wait to see it again some time.

No comments: