Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly TV Recap - January 15th

The Cape - I wasn't going to start this show, but my friend Joe was excited about it, so I decided I'd at least give it a few episodes. So far…it has potential. The circus characters training the main character makes things interesting. I like them. And I like our main character. He's up against overwhelming odds, which is always interesting. Yet I find the fact that, if the series does well, he'll spend years trying to clear his name and get back with his family depressing. I'll give it a few episodes before I decide one way or the other, however.

Castle - I was hoping an episode centering around a magician would be fun, and it was. I especially loved Castle insisting that things had to follow the same pattern as a magic movie. Great twists and funny lines. Plus word that the show has already been picked up for season four. All around great.

No Ordinary Family - This episode had the same defects as the others, but they actually got to me for some reason. Guess I wanted something more. Something where the plot wasn't rushed at the end. A cliffhanger that wasn't just glossed over in the first few minutes of the episode. I know this should can deliver more, but it seems afraid to really raise the stakes.

V - Well, now we know why the Visitors are here and what they want. I could do without the graphic looks at them. They seem to just be bloody to be bloody. The bombers targeting the reporter was interesting as well. I wonder just how long it will be before the V's turn on him. And will Ryan turn in his friends to save his daughter. This is still a very interesting show.

Wipeout - Someone I was rooting for actually won! And all I can think as I watch this show now is how glad I am that I didn't make it on the show. What was I thinking trying out? I'd be killed by the first obstacle and so afraid of being hurt it wouldn't be any fun at all.

Big Bang Theory - Yes, I know it was a rerun, but I hadn't seen it before. Very funny episode, again without Penny. This is the second she hasn't been in since I started watching season four. Anyway, I especially loved the final scene where they were talking about all the horrid things they've done to each other.

No comments: