Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas Break

So you might have noticed that I was gone for about two weeks.  That's because I had two weeks off work.  But doesn't that give you more time to blog, you ask.  I would have thought so, but instead I found myself struggling to get any of the stuff I wanted to do done.

Of course, I spent a week of it at my parents' house, so that cut down on my time to goof off.  But it was a great visit.  Naturally, I was there for Christmas.  My niece (and brother and sister-in-law) were out from Texas as well, which was super neat.  Have I mentioned recently how cute my niece is?  One day we went to the Redwoods and we walked around a man made lake three times while I was there.  Well, I actually ran one of the times.

When I was in town, I was hanging out with friends quite a bit.  I went running wish Josh, in the rain no less.  That was a blast.  I went to see the new Tron movie with Joe and see Narnia a second time with Angelique.  I went to Kurt and Kellie's annual Christmas party.  New Year's Eve I played ultimate Frisbee for three hours in Pasadena then came home and played games with Kenny, Katherine, and Kenny's parents.

Frankly, I could have used another week to try to get more stuff done.  I'd been planning on watching some movies I had missed this summer, but only got one watched.  My Christmas decorations are still up; I need to start taking them down tonight.

Someday my life will slow down, but I'm revising my estimate.  Now I think it will be at least 10 years after I'm dead.

No comments: