Saturday, January 01, 2011

First Weekly TV Recap of 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow, it's kinda like I've been gone for Christmas or something. I can't believe I haven't updated my blog in almost two weeks. That means we've got several finales to talk about in this weekly TV recap, so let's get to it.

Survivor - I've got to admit I actually started to really root for Fabio just because the arrogance of the alliance really was getting to me. Yes, they were in great shape, but come on! Plus he was the underdog. So I was thrilled he won. And the reunion show proved just how crazy NaOnka really is. I was starting to sympathize with her for a moment, but then she went all crazy again. One final thought, when will people like Sash learn that having alliances with everyone doesn't help you at the end because people talk and they realize you are lying plus they see where your true loyalties lie as you vote them out.

The Sing-Off - Okay, I was rooting for Committed followed by Street Corner Symphony, so their one, two finish was perfect for me. Yes, we only needed to watch the last 30 minutes to get any results, but if we only have one filler episode per season, I can't complain. Plus those performances were good. With how popular it got this year, here's hoping it comes back before next December. July maybe? Twice a year would be great. And don't change the format since I like having few results shows to wade through.

Psych - Much better final episode of the season. True, not super funny, but the twists in the conclusion to the Yin/Yang trilogy was great. And the small character advancement was well done. The ending with Lassie finding out about Shawn and Jules was very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in July.

No comments: