Monday, March 29, 2010

That Was a Relaxing Weekend At Home?

In case you haven't noticed, I've been a little busy on weekends recently. And I've got another long, crazy stretch in front of me in April. So I was looking forward to this weekend as a slow, quiet weekend at home.

Yeah, right!

Okay, so Friday night I actually spent at home just vegging, watching the special features on the season 1 set of Castle I just got.

But Saturday started bright and early. I headed down to Burbank to catch Waking Sleeping Beauty in one of its limited engagement theaters. I wound up meeting up with Angelique and her friend John there. We had both talked about going to see it then, and then decided at the last minute to actually go see it. Naturally, I enjoyed it. How could this Disney fan not enjoy it?

From there, I raced down to Westwood. Well, maybe raced isn't exactly the right word since I was taking some of the notoriously slow freeways in LA. I got there in time for a book signing by John Vorhaus, aka JV. I've been playing ultimate Frisbee with JV for years, so when I found out he'd written a mystery, I had to get a copy. Sounds like a fun read, so I'm hoping I will enjoy it when I get to it.

From there, I headed to my ultimate Frisbee pick up game. Four of us showed up, but we just threw the disc around for about an hour, then I left.

Believe it or not, I actually spent some time at home at that point. Ate dinner, wrote a review, watched an episode of Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Then Daniel and I headed out to see The Nut Farm, a comedy play from 1929. It was pretty funny, and we both enjoyed it.

It's no wonder I over slept Sunday morning and missed the first 20 minutes of church, isn't it?

Actually, Sunday wasn't much out of the ordinary. I went to church, went over to Joe and Erica's in the evening, and hung out at home in between catching up on TV and doing some reading.

So, yes, it was a good weekend. But it wasn't as quiet as I had hoped. I'm hoping this next weekend will be quiet enough that maybe I can get a movie or two off my DVR. After all, I have three that have been on there since June. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: