Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Reading Thing 2010 List

Here it is the first day of Spring, which means it is officially time to start Spring Reading Thing 2010. I am spending most of the day playing ultimate Frisbee, but I've been putting together a mental list for a while now. We'll see how I do at remembering them all now. :)

Books from last Spring's list I still haven't read:
Exposure by Brandilyn Collins
Double Minds by Terri Blackstock

Books from Fall Into Reading 2009 I still haven't read:
The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett
Offworld by Robin Parrish
Mrs. Pollifax on the China Station by Dorothy Gilman
Dem Bone's Revenge by Kris Neri

Other books I hope to/plan to read:
Death of a Trophy Wife by Laura Levine
Magic and Other Misdemeanders by Michael Buckley
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Set Sail for Murder by R. T. Jordan
Rolling Thunder by Chris Grabenstein
Revenge for Old Time's Sake by Kris Neri
Corpse on the Cob by Sue Ann Jaffarian

That's thirteen books, or just over four books a month. I will probably get through more than that. But I can't seem to remember any more of my list right now, so I am going to try something new. I am going to start with a list I know I can get through, and then add to it anything else that strikes my fancy. So maybe I can get through my official list for a change this Spring since normally I list more books than I can possibly read and wind up with several books left over.

Stay tuned to find out.

3/20 Update:

So I found out today at the ultimate Frisbee tournament that one of my Frisbee buddies has a mystery novel that just came out and he's having a launch party in one of my favorite bookstores next Saturday. Guess what I'm getting in a week. And I know I will try trying to read it sooner rather than later, so I am adding book fourteen to my list today:

The California Roll by John Vorhaus

3/26 Update:

I remembered another book that should be on my list since I am on the waiting list for it at the library. I'm up far enough I am pretty sure I will get it in May.

The 9th Judgement by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

8 comments:

Nise' said...

Enjoy your Spring reading choices.

Veggiemomof2 said...

I loved the Mrs Polifax series by Dorothy Gilman! Happy reading this spring.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Hey, this really *is* a short list for you! :) I have Exposure on my Kindle (it was a free Kindle book a while ago), and I'd like to read it soon. Offworld is still on my want-to-read list as well.

Have fun with your spring reading, Mark.

Oh, also, I meant to tell you -- I ordered some more bacon-chocolate candy bars last week, because my son and husband liked them so much... So thanks for that original dare!

Robin M said...

Great list. I just picked up Offworld yesterday. Forgot to put in on my SRT list. Hmm! Enjoy your reading.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great list! I like the idea of starting small and adding to it :-) Have fun reading this Spring!

Susanne said...

I like your plan. Happy reading.

Mimi N said...

I have Collins' book on my TBR pile. Got it last year, but haven't found time to read it...or my many other books. Enjoy your Spring reading.

~Mimi @ Woven by Words

Angel Borland said...

i have sea of monsters on my list too! i loved the lightning thief and can't wait to see what happens next!

good luck!