Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just Life

I've been posting about ultimate Frisbee a lot lately, and that's not going to change in the next couple of weeks with a tournament this weekend and next weekend. But let's talk about other things going on in life.

There's always TV. And I do mean always. I don't know quite how I got so many shows I am watching this year, but most of them are coming back for their final run of the season. I have a feeling I am going to be very busy just trying to keep up with that for the next couple of months. What's really funny is that most of them are on Monday and Tuesday, so once I get through the early part of the week, things will slow down a little.

Sunday, I got an unexpected call. With 45 minutes notice, I was invited to a friend's birthday party. It was fun. I was one of the first to leave since I still wanted to get to Babylon 5 night. I'm glad the tournament was canceled. I'm not sure I could have gone otherwise.

Monday was my birthday. Can't believe I'm 35. That always seemed so old. Fortunately, I'm not that old. Some friends invited me over that night, so once I was done talking to my family, I headed to their house. We played a game, ate wonderful apple fritters, and watched Chuck. I really had a good time.

I'm off work today and tomorrow. I'm attending Left Coast Crime which is here in LA again. Last time I went was 2003. I'll be driving down and back every day, which will make for long days with traffic, but it should be good. I just hope I don't break the bank on books and parking. That's what I'm most worried about.

No comments: