Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good Weekend

Yep, I had a good weekend. Wasn't nearly long enough, but they never are, are they?

Friday night was a nice, quiet evening at home. Exciting start, right?

Saturday I lazed around in the morning. I completed the Raiders of the Lost Ark levels on Lego Indiana Jones, which means I just need to complete the other two movies to finish the game. Eventually, I got moving, cut my hair, and left the house.

I decided to go see Sue Ann Jaffarian and two other authors at the Burbank Library. The talk started at 2. I left a little after 3, and it was still going strong. But I really wanted to play ultimate Frisbee that afternoon, too. Only six of us showed up, three of them high schoolers. I'm getting a little worried that this pick up game may be falling apart. I sure hope that isn't the case.

After I got home, I watched a movie with my roommate. Actually, that was the second movie I got off my DVR this weekend. Honestly, I didn't care for either one. The first was the Disney Channel Original Move Dadnapped. Very stupid. The one Daniel and I watched together was only slightly better - Mel Brooks' High Anxiety. Avoid both if you get a chance to see them.

We had just finished that movie when I got a phone call from our new roommate. He was a day early arriving, so the place wasn't quite as ready for him as I would have liked it to be, but it also gave me a free Sunday, which I am not going to complain about.

Sunday after church, I went shopping. Bought new running shoes, cotton free socks, and a pull up bar. Okay, so that last one isn't for the mud runs, but the first two definitely are.

And you read that right. I have signed up for the Irvine Lake Mud Run in April. So that's two mud runs I will be doing in the next 5 months. Daniel is doing that one with me, so I will have a training partner until April at least. After that, it will just be a matter of keeping the momentum going for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run two months later.

Sunday night was over to Joe and Erica's for Babylon 5 night. It was a great time as always.

You'll noticed there was no mention of the beach in there. Once again, I didn't take advantage of the nice weather and make it down to the beach. I had very seriously considered it when the new roommate showed up early, but decided I should do other things. Unfortunately, it looks like our 70 degree weather is drawing to a close. Probably won't want to go until March of April now. Oh well, I wouldn't change a thing I did this weekend.

No comments: