Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christmas and New Years 2010

I'd apologize for my lack of thrilling updates, but I don't feel guilty at all. I was spending time with family and friends. And it was wonderful.

As per usual, I went to my parents for Christmas. We actually spent Christmas Eve in the Sierra foothills at my brother's in-law's cabin. That was a lot of fun and something very different. Fortunately, there was no snow since we didn't have chains for our car and had to drive down to my uncle's on Christmas day. The rest of the time was spent either playing games or visiting with the various people who want to come by and meet my niece.

And can I just say I still have the cutest niece in the world? She is absolutely so adorable!

When I got home, I was going to dig in and get the movies on the DVR watched and get some other stuff done. That didn't happen. Well, I did get one of the movies off the DVR. Instead, I was lazy some of the time. I played Lego Indiana Jones others (88% complete, but who's counting?) And I hung out with friends quite a bit.

I spent a good bit of time with Kurt and Kellie and Kenny and Katherine and their sons on New Year's Day, including throwing a football around. Let's just say I am a much better Frisbee thrower. And we played Kurt's Sports Resort Wii for a while, too. Must get now.

And over the weekend I spent quite a bit of time with Joe and Erica. I started out by helping them move some stuff from Erica's place into their condo. Then that night, Joe and I went to see Sherlock Holmes after the three of us had dinner at Olive Garden. Sunday night, I was back over at their place for a co-ed movie night. Poor Joe had to put up with Enchanted. I certainly can't complain because I was the one who brought the movie over in the first place.

On top of all of this, Daniel has a friend staying with us. They've been in and out since they went to the Rose Parade, the Rose Bowl, and the Fiesta Bowl in the last few days. They're wearing me out, and I'm just hearing about it.

But I have had some time to myself. For example, New Year's Eve, I headed to Magic Mountain. Just stayed long enough for a few rides before I left because I was getting cold.

And speaking of cold, I seem to have come down with one. It started out mildly enough, but it's really hit me hard, especially last night when I couldn't sleep because it was clogging my nose so much. Hopefully, I will get some sleep tonight.

The one thing I most regret not doing the last few days was hitting the beach. The weather has been downright beautiful, at least for January. It's been in the low 70's all year. Definitely weather to enjoy on a beach if you can. But I was too busy doing other things I just didn't have the time. Next time, right?

No comments: