Thursday, January 28, 2010

Glub, Glub

Yeah, I know, I'm a week late with that review title. I just haven't had a chance to talk about all the rain last week yet. And I can't let a good title go.

And yes, it rained like crazy last week. All five work days, in fact. It was so hard that the street here at work was flooded most of the week. Granted, that doesn't take much. But it did keep me from working out all last week. I hate wading in water when I have to sit in an office for the rest of the day in wet shoes.

For the most part, it really didn't affect me too much. I got my normal puddle in the garage, but it didn't get too big. The streets were rainy, but traffic was actually moving at an appropriate speed.

The one exception was my office. Wednesday night, I looked down to realize I was sitting on wet carpet. There was a small puddle in one corner. I quickly moved my computer onto my desk. This was right before work, so I went home. The next day, they came and dried out my office. Yesterday, they finally came back and cleaned the carpets. So today I was able to actually move back in. It's so nice to be home!

Of course, it took a couple hours to get my computer up and running again. I moved it into the cubical I had used the last few days. But today, it didn't want to connect to the network. They wound up having to replace the network card to get me connected.

Anyway, since the floor of my office is actually underground, the water seeped in through the wall. Hopefully, they will get some time to stop it so it doesn't happen again.

My old office got just a little bit of water. We got a tad in the restroom. But half the carpet in my office was wet. Go figure.

No comments: