Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I feel like I haven't updated this blog for a while. And if you are looking for something other than book posts, you'd agree with me. So let's go with some highlights of the last couple of weeks, shall we?

Saturday the 12th, I met up with Angelique to go see Mary Poppins. The Broadway play version is on tour in Los Angeles right now. We really enjoyed it. It is very different from the movie, including most songs rewritten somewhat and in completely different orders. More things were taken from the books and parts of the movie were ignored completely. But it was really very good.

Both of the last Sundays, I've gone to practice with my ultimate Frisbee winter league team. We've had four people show up each time, three of us being the same. I hope we get enough people out to field a team with at least one or two subs when games start in a week and a half, or I am going to be very disappointed. I've stayed for pick up after practice and been enjoying that.

I've finished with work for the year. I always forget how crazy that last week is trying to get everrything finished. Even with finishing payroll stuff a day early, the final Friday was still crazy with multiple deposits to get as much as possible in the bank before we all took off.

Last Saturday my friends Joe and Erica got married. I was asked to be an usher, and it was an honor to be part of their special day. Everything went well, at least from my stand point.

And I think I've found someone to do the Camp Pendleton Mud Run with me in June. I just hope Josh doesn't change his mind before we register in a little over a week. We just need to decide which Saturday we are going to do it. I think it will be lots of fun. That is if I don't kill my knees running to get ready for it.

So this last Saturday, I was in my bedroom when I heard a loud crash from the living room. I rushed in there to see my Christmas tree had fallen over. The stand that came with the tree when I bought it several years ago had broken. The only other thing that had broken was one ornament that I should be able to glue back together. Considering a few of the breakable ornaments I have, I am very thankful. Of course, it was hard to take down my Christmas tree on December 19th instead of after Christmas. Still bummed about that.

This year, I was going to have my Christmas presents wrapped earlier than normal. Nope. Didn't happen. I blame the Christmas tree falling over.

No comments: