Friday, December 11, 2009

I'll Come Up with a Title Later

Wow, the time before Christmas break has hit me hard. There have been days it's been all I can do to get anything productive done at work or at home. I am exactly in the same place I was with my Christmas shopping I was a week ago. And that's not a good thing. I've got to get stuff for my parents and my uncle still. And I really don't know what I am going to get them.

The one thing I haven't been skimping on is Lego Indiana Jones. I am absolutely addicted to this game. If I said I wasn't going to play it any more until my shopping was done, I bet I'd finish it. Hm. That's actually not a bad idea.

But this last weekend was a fun time, athough Saturday was a bit of a bummer. It was my last chance this year to go play ultimate Frisbee in Van Nuys. Three of us showed up. It's hard to do much more than play catch with that number. So we played catch for an hour hoping someone else would show up.

But I did get my decorating done. My tree is up and everything else is out. The places looks good as always. And I do find decorating rather fun. At least more fun than undecorating. I've always hated that part of the process.

Last year, I almost didn't put stuff up because it find taking it down so depressing. I'm doing better so far this year. We'll see what happens in a week. Granted, it helps that my roommate loves Christmas, too, so I'm not the only one enjoying the stuff.

Sunday was my friends Kurt and Kellie's Christmas party. A bit more laid back than normal, I think probably because of the babies. But I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. I was the last one to leave, and it was nice just hanging out with them for a while.

From there, I headed to Joe's where we watched a couple episodes of Middleman. Man, I wish that show were still on the air.

And it's been raining this week! Rained quite hard Monday, then it cleared up. It was bitter cold the last few days. Now the rain has come back, but it's a little warmer. Just makes it feel so much more like Christmas to me.

Finally, had my membership interview Tuesday at lunch time. Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it went very well. At least I thought so. No indication I'm not going to become a member at my new church from it.

No comments: