Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mini Review: Kingdom Keepers II - Disney at Dawn

I still need to catch up on my Thanksgiving books, don't I? At least my current book is taking me forever to get through. (Wait, is that a good thing?)

Anyway, today's book is Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson

This is the second in a series about 5 midschoolers who have been chosen to be holographic hosts in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. They discover that when they go to sleep at night, they wake up in the Magic Kingdom. This is a design feature because the Imagineers need their help to defeat a band of Disney villains who are attempting to take over the parks and use the magic for evil.

This book finds them traveling to the Animal Kingdom, however, as they have to find someone who has been kidnapped and destroy the second holographic server with a fatal flaw in it. Can they do that and not go to sleep?

This is a fast moving thrill ride that I never wanted to put down. It did drag some in the middle. The set up was great, and the climax engrossing, but the middle felt like it was there to fill a page count. At 377 pages, seems like something could have been cut.

The characters are becoming more real to me, although some of them still felt a little thin.

But I'm enough of a Disney geek that I truly didn't care. And the cliffhanger left me anxious for the third in the series, set for release this April.

No comments: