Friday, March 21, 2008

Top Easter Songs

So yesterday on his blog, Mike talked about the joys of Easter music. And he then listed his top 15 Good Friday/Easter songs. That got me thinking, and I just had to create my own list.

So here, in no particular order are my 15:

He's Alive - Don Francisco
Too Small a Price - Don Francisco
Rise Again - Dallas Holmes
Christ the Lord is Risen Today - Scott Wesley Brown (with wonderful new music by Michael W. Smith)
Via Dolorosa - Sandi Patty
Criminal on the Cross - Acappella
I Was the Nails - David and the Giants
A Better Way - downhere
Because He Lives - any and all versions
Why? - Michael Card
The Great Divide - Point of Grace
The Day He Wore My Crown - Sandy Patty
Love Song - Third Day
Great Exchange - Bruce Carroll
Watch the Lamb - Ray Boltz

Honorable Mentions: We are the Reason (David Meece), End of the Beginning (David Phelps), Secret Ambition (Michael W. Smith), The Wonderful Cross (modern praise chorus version). Where the Nails Were (Sandi Patty), Was it a Morning Like This (Sandi Patty)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. A few I had forgot about - Bruce Carroll!

Mark Baker said...

I don't know why it surprises me that you've heard of all these old artists no one else has heard of. But it always does. :)

LeahA said...

another good song is Thief by Third Day

Mark Baker said...

I know lots of people love that song, but I've never been able to get into it.