Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Reading Thing - The List

So, with Spring springing tomorrow, it's time to start thinking about the Spring Reading Thing. Callapidder Days is hosting another fun reading challenge. (And I will link it up once the post goes up tomorrow. Hope the little guy is feeling better soon.)

The point is to challenge ourselves in our reading. Okay, the challenge for me is to list books now I will be reading come June. :) And, considering how slowly I've been reading since I started working out three days a week on my lunch hour, the challenge might also be keeping myself from looking too silly.

As I did in the Fall, I'm going to start my list with the books I didn't read for the fall challenge, and just build from there.

Blood Matters by Taffy Cannon
Feint of Art by Hailey Lind
Hell for the Holidays by Chris Grabenstein
Caught in a Bind by Gayle Roper
Caught Redhanded by Gayle Roper
Tell Me, Pretty Maiden by Rhys Bowen
Final Curtain by R. T. Jordan
Pushing Up Daisies by Rosmary Harris
The Black Dove by Steve Hockensmith
The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman
Killing Bridezilla by Laura Levine
Mr. Monk Goes to Germany by Lee Goldberg
Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett
A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket by Fran Rizer
Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
Killer Mousse by Melinda Wells
Your Chariot Awaits by Lorena McCourtney
Night Light by Terri Blackstock
Primitive Secrets by Deborah Turrell Atkinson
Mosaic by Amy Grant
Relentless by Robin Parrish
Murder in Grub Street by Bruce Alexander
Death in Paradise by Carolyn Hart
Stalking the Puzzle Lady by Parnell Hall
Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann

Okay, that's about twice as many as I would normally get through in three months, so I guess we'll see how I do.

Over the course of the next three months, I will be posting reviews at Amazon and Epinions for these titles as I normally would. I will also post brief reviews here. And in June I will offer a summary post to tell you how I did. So keep checking back to see how close I come or how miserably I fail.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Have fun reading.. Your list looks like fun :-)

Deborah said...

lol i always see your pic on allconsuming b/c we're always reading the same books! the gayle roper books are really good and i loved the lorena mccourtney one.

Deena Peterson said...

Lots of similar titles...love a cozy mystery, don't we?? I'm trying out the Spellman series this time around...and Gayle Roper is SO GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Looking forward to seeing your reviews.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great list, Mark, as always. I am really loving Robin Parrish's series and can't wait for the next one to come out this summer! Thanks for being part of SRT '08!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about this! I think I will take up that challenge. :) Great list!

Hope you have a Happy Easter weekend. :-D