Friday, March 28, 2008

Mini Review: Caught in a Bind

Time for my first mini review of Spring Reading Thing - Caught in a Bind by Gayle Roper.

This is the third book to follow the adventure of Merry Kramer, reporter for The News in the town of Amhearst Pennsylvania.

This time around, Merry is out to help her co-worker Edie cope with the disappearance of her husband, Tom. Not only has Tom vanished, but he is accused to stealing $12K from his work, a car dealership. But things really get interesting when a dead body shows up in Edie's garage....

I love these characters. I could spend time with them all day. Which, certainly makes the book fly by all too quickly. The Christian aspect is just right. It is part of the characters lives without ever becoming overbearing or preachy.

The only real flow with this book is the sposal abuse sub-plot. I know, it is an important subject. But, despite tries to die it into the main story, it really feels like something from another novel here. And at times, it does get preachy.

Even having said that, I stayed up until 1 AM last Friday night rereading the book. So that tells you something about how much I enjoyed it.

If you'd like to check out my full review of Caught in a Bind, please follow the link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - you have a done for the Spring Reading Challenge! This looks like a good one too.

Great review.