Friday, February 18, 2005

With a Twist

Are you ready for the ultimate twist in this little tale that's been developing? I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

When I got back from dropping the current convention off after sci-fi night Wednesday, my three roommates and the friend were in the living room. I was asked to go to my room for a few minutes while they finished a proposal. When I did come out, they started by apologizing for the way they've been stringing me along. Then they hit me with their plan.

When my roommates moved out, there were going to be six of them in a house. But two of those have had to back out, including one of the guys who is currently living with me. In fact, he's moving in with his uncle and aunt ASAP. Naturally, this makes things more expensive then they had hoped and changes their plans around completely.

So, their idea was to have the one roommate move out and the friend move in and take his place. When the final friend moves out here June 1st, they will move out.

For the most part, I'm happy about this. It gives me a little bit longer to figure out what I'm doing next. Like three and a half months. Of course, I was starting the countdown until they moved out. But I can do this. And the added time will help tremendously in the long run.

This is the kind of twist I would love in a movie or book, but I'm still trying to adjust to in real life. How do those fictional characters do it?

Of course, I figured this was a good time to remind all of them about me hosting the game night tomorrow. They all seemed willing to help pick/clean before hand, and seemed to think my requests were more then fair. Let's see if they follow through or not.

In other news, the next storm has moved in. It started raining yesterday afternoon and is pouring out there today. And it's supposed to keep it up for at least a week. It's already getting bad out there. Looks like Southern CA will be in the news yet again.

I'm really tired today. Probably has something to do with not getting home last night until 11:30. We took the youth bowling last night after youth group. Nice for them since they don't have school tomorrow. Bad for me because I've wanted to take a nap all afternoon. We bowled two games, and I did great the first game. 184, which I believe is a personal best. The second game, however, I only get a 115. And I was thrilled to break 100 after the way I started out. Still, it was fun. I haven't been bowling in ages.

Tonight, I'm supposed to go to a friend's 30th birthday party. Except I'm so tired all I want to do is go home and sleep. And watch TV. Heck, I haven't watched Lost and Alias from Wednesday yet. Still, I'll probably pop in for an hour or so.

Right now, I need to get to dinner. (How many posts do I end with that line?)

No comments: