Tuesday, November 16, 2004

TV Tuesday for November 16th

Time one again for the TV Tuesday.

1. Any holiday favorites you can't live without?
A Charlie Brown Christmas. I don't know if I've ever missed it in all the Christmases I can remember. Close behind it is the animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas and some version of A Christmas Carol. I'm rather partial to the George C. Scott version, but also love the Muppet version.

2. Holiday viewing: Parades or Football?
Who has time to watch TV on the holiday itself? I'm too busy eating or spending time with family.

3. What's your favorite holiday TV memory?
Linus quoting the gospel of Luke comes close. Have I mentioned how much I love that special?

~Bonus~ Holiday remakes, are you a faithful fan of the old classics or do you prefer the newer versions?
Well, I already mentioned that I prefer the 1984 George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol, so I think you know where this is going. I tend to like recent versions. Of course, on TV, I don't know if there is a classic episode of any show that gets played over and over again except on Nick and Nite. And people don't remake TV shows. At least most of the time.

No comments: