Monday, November 22, 2004

And so a mild fall turns into winter

Friday night was the last time for the current group to all hang out together. We watched Muppet's Christmas Carol and then talked and looked at pictures Paparazzi Matt has taken this semester. He delights in obnoxious pictures, too. Like the ones with me with my mouth full. It was one before I got home.

Saturday, we took the jr. highers up to Palmdale for a service project. Each Sunday School class was supposed to do something nice for one of our church's missionaries during the holiday season. Most sent care packages, but our missionary is planting a church just 40 miles from us. So we headed up there. The ladies cleaned the house and we took care of the yard. Raking leaves, mowing the lawn, washing cars. Fun stuff like that. It was a nice day, temps in the 70's.

When we got back, I sat myself down in a chair and started working on my paper. It was slow going, but I did it! I still need to get the works cited page and title page done and turn my notes from parantethical references to footnotes, but that's the easy stuff. Hope to get to it tonight or tomorrow.

While I was working on it, I heard something hitting the window. Turns out it was hail. It was bitter cold yesterday. I'd be surprised to find out it was above 60 all day. And they had snow in Palmdale. That's right, 24 hours after I was enjoying a nice day in short sleeves, they got snow, something that might happen once a year or two. Winter has arrived with a vengence.

Wrote 6 reviews yesterday. I'm only four away from my goal of 600 by the end of the year. Should pass it with flying colors. I was planning to quit for the year when I hit it, but I'm just going to keep going and see how far I get. I have about 8 I'd really like to write between now and then, but I'm not going to push for any other number. And I plan to not write another one until after I get back from Thanksgiving.

Speaking of which, I don't have any class until I get back. And I have lots to do tomorrow before I go. As always, I'm trying to cram tons of stuff in before I leave. :)

Like decide on a lap top. I'd really like to have one before Christmas so I can get on the internet at home this year without getting on my parent's computer. But I just can't decide what to get and find it for the price I want to spend. Maybe they'll be on sale when I get back and I can find a great deal then. We'll just have to see.

No comments: