Monday, August 16, 2004

What I've Been Up To

I honestly can't believe it's been so long since I blogged anything other then Memes. Shall I catch you up on my thrilling life?

Wednesday - We had our last ultimate frisbee game. It was at a different park, which was quite interesting. It took me forever to find the part of the park we were playing in. Unfortunately, we didn't have a field big enough to play two games in. We started out with a shortened field, and we were up by quite a bit. But then the other game ended and we decided to go to a regular length field. Big mistake. My team kept overshooting the end zones. Probably would have won if we had caught all those points in the end zone. Actually would have overshot by quite a bit. To make the evening more fun, there was a shooting in the neighborhood, so some of our team got turned away because of that, including several women. I felt sorry for our one woman, but she did an excellent job. On the plus side, I did score one of our points, so that made me feel good.

Thursday - Bible study went well that night. Especially when they fed us ice cream Sundays afterwards! I led worship by myself, and it went well. We had a small group since the beach trip had just ended that afternoon.

Friday - The highlight of the day was having lunch with Matt, who was back in town for a teacher ed meeting. He's moving back for the school year tomorrow! Actually, there are studients on campus today. I'm guessing their student leadership staff students since the new students arrive Saturday. Including two more of my former jr. highers! No, I'm not getting old, why do you ask? (And do you think I can use student one more time in this paragraph?)

Saturday - Lazy day. Heck, I didn't even take a shower. (Yes, you needed to know that.) Watched lots of Olympics.

Sunday - The summer league ultimate Frisbee tournament in Pomona. My team didn't so nearly as well this year as last year. We were eleminated in the quarter finals. And, I didn't play nearly as much as I would have liked to. But, on the plus side, it wasn't nearly as hot as it was last year. In fact, it was very pleasant in the shade. And the final game was outstanding. At half time, it was 8-3 and we figured it was a done deal. But then the other team came back to win 15-13. Couldn't ask for a better game then that. And the team that lost was the team that eleminated us from the tournament, so at least we lost to a good team. Frankly, we weren't playing that well, dropping easy stuff, things like that. And I include myself in that since I dropped a disc in the end zone.

Reading update - Read all of Lost Beneath Manhattan. Of course, being a kid's book, that wasn't that big a deal. And tonight, I expect to pass the half way point in Evan Only Knows. Quick but fun read, as usual.

No comments: