Thursday, August 12, 2004

Thursday Threesome for August 12th

This week's edition is once again brough to us by Webster and The Back Porch.

Flaneur \flah-NUR\, noun:

Onesome: One who strolls- How do you primarily get from place to place? Do you walk locally and only drive for distances? Ride your bike around campus or the neighborhood? Or hop in the car to run errands?
I drive everywhere I go. Of course, things are so spread out around town that it often takes 15 or 20 minutes to get where I want to go driving. I'd have no time for anything else if I biked or walked.

Twosome: about aimlessly; When you have time, do you like to do things outdoors like hike or take long walks? Do you wander rather aimlessly or do you have a destination in mind and the sooner you get there the better?
I'm one of those goal oriented people, so the sooner I get someplace, the happier I am. And I do like to do things outdoors, but it's usually swimming or ultimate Frisbee.

Threesome: a lounger; a loafer. Or do you prefer to spend your spare time relaxing, lounging on the couch with a good book or a TV program? Or, since the football season is upon us again, do you plop down in the recliner and cheer on your favorite team?
This is my favorite form of relaxing. As I'm sure you've noticed, give me a good book or a good TV show/movie, and I'm entertained for some time. Sports, on the other hand, I can do without. Except the Olympics. I'm really looking forward to watching them for the next couple of weeks.

No comments: