Friday, July 25, 2003

When last we left the condo buying saga, I was still waiting to hear about my counter-counter offer. Seems while they were deciding about that, a couple more bids came in which were better suited to there demands, so I lost out. Again. But there was no way I wanted to wait 17 days to find out if I'd get it or not.

As I mentioned, I looked at a couple more units yesterday. One is in the complex the most recent offer was in. They're asking an additional 5K. And the current owner is a smoker. With my allergies to smoke, that's a bad thing. The other has a floor plan that I really don't like. It's small, and wastes tons of space. We were the 7th person to view this condo, of course.

So, naturally, I'm down again. I don't know how much more of this I can take, and I've only been at it a couple of weeks.

The good news is that I'm finally making it to the beach this summer. Tomorrow for sure with Cameron (a fellow male Trixie fan I just can't get on the boards), and possibly Sunday to play beach ultimate. And I want to play ultimate Monday night as well. After a couple weeks of almost no activity, I'll be running all weekend.

In other news, we lost our game Wednesday night. Just couldn't seem to gel as a team. I had a great night, however, getting the disc several times and even scoring. Which made me feel better since I dropped and blew every throw in the pre-game warm up drill.

We had a small turn out in Bible study last night. But worship time went well. Still the only person doing the intros despite everyone doing them with me in practice. Not really sure what to do about that. Guess I'll have to ask everyone what needs to be done to fix that.

And Millie and Chuck left the Amazing Race last night. I wanted them to stick around long enough to get Jon and Kelly out. O well. Guess I can't have anything I want this week.

No comments: