Monday, July 21, 2003

I'm back!

I had a blast in Arizona. How could I not? Me and 22 beautiful women. :) Seriously, it was loads of fun.

Thursday morning, Angelique drove to my house and then we left...for the local grocery store to get ice and cash. :) Then we hit the road and started the long, almost 500 mile drive to Mormon Lake. Took us about 9 hours. Believe me, it felt good to get there. And, finally, get there before the people who had to fly in. :) Usually, due to time zone shifts, I'm the last one to arrive. It was kinda nice to be amoung the first this time around.

I got to share a cabin with Marsha and her mom, Laney. Now before you get any ideas, I slept on the hide-a-bed in the living room and they slept in the bedroom. The only problem with this arrangement was that I couldn't go into the bathroom in the middle of the night without waking them up. Naturally, I needed to go every morning before they were up and about. Never happens when I'm home. :) But still, it was loads of fun. And the only reason my towels disappeared was because they didn't give us enough when they cleaned on Friday.

Speaking of Friday, that was the day we took the train into the Grand Canyon. I had been to the north rim when I was in 9th grade, but it seemed so much more impressive from the south rim this time around. Not sure what that was. And the train ride back will go down in Trixie Camp lore. All I can tell you was that it had to do with robbers and strange cigars. :)

And Friday we got to meet Zap after all these years. That was special. Spent most of the time at the Grand Canyon with her and Steph. And she's just as nice as you'd expect her to be from the site.

Saturday afternoon we got to make a movie. It really didn't turn out to be as cringe worthy as I thought it would be. Lots of fun, and I got to have long hair for a change. :) (For the record, I am NOT Carrot Top's evil twin. I'm the GOOD twin.) This would have lots of blackmail material except for the fact that we will be showing these to family and friends willingly.

Saturday night we went to the Lowell Observatory. It was too cloudy to see much, but it was still impressive. I just wish I'd been more awake to enjoy it.

Yep, even with going to bed way earlier then normal for Camp, I was still tired much of the time. But I was awake enough to drive back yesterday. Even made it back in time to go to the SNYF last night. Fun, and the Durons and OtherSeth left for their mission trip today, so it was good to see them one more time.

Right now, however, I should post this and go. My realtor is stopping by my apartment in 15 minutes to take me to look at a couple condos. Not too sure I'm interested, but it never hurts to look.

No comments: