Monday, July 28, 2003

What a weekend!

Friday night, I intended to do laundry. But I also had some errands to run first. You know, little things like pick up the new Alias prequel novel, get my pictures from Trixie convention, that kind of thing. Didn't get home until almost 8:30, and decided to do laundry in the morning.

But, when I woke up Saturday morning, I didn't feel like doing anything that productive then, either. So, I made some phone calls I needed to make and watched a little TV before I left for the day.

I met Cameron here at the college at 1, and we headed down to Santa Monica. Had a great day playing in the sand and surf. The water was actually pretty warm. We swam for a while and then tossed a frisbee back and forth. We decided to try to see Pirates of the Carribean (which I still haven't watched), but it wasn't starting at a good time. After wandering around the promonade, we headed toward home. We were both curious, so we stopped at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. The way it's advertised from the freeway, we both expected something major. Basically, it's a small collection of shops and restaurants. We wandered around for about 15 minutes, and we'd seen everything. But we did stop at Fuddrakers for dinner. Man, do they have great burgers.

When I got home from church on Sunday, I pulled out my clippers and shaved my head again. Of course, I had to be in a hurry, which meant that the razor clogged more then normal, so it took me twice as long as I thought it would. But I wanted to get it done before I headed back to the beach with Tommy. We went back down to Santa Monica to play beach ultimate frisbee. It is so hard to run in the sand! And the wind was blowing, so you had to be very careful with the throws. But a good time was had by all (or both), and the water was still very pleasant. (You thought we wouldn't go in?) Made it back just in time to get to my youth staff meeting. Then I stopped by Tommy's and gave him a Mohawk. It was his idea, honest. :) I'll be back over this week to finish the job.

Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home last night and fell right to sleep.

And I haven't even talked about the excitement I just barely missed, the fire in Placerita Canyon. We were lucky because the damage to the college was minimul and not what it could have been. But I'll take about that more tomorrow.

No comments: