Monday, February 17, 2003

I had a successful afternoon of shopping on Saturday. Just took me an hour more then I wanted to spend. Got a wedding present, and got a good deal on it because of President's Day Weekend, so procrastinating actually paid off. This time. Got my present for Grandma for her birthday as well. Now, I just need to wrap that.

Mike drove here from Pasadena on Saturday and we went out to dinner. Had a good time and it was good to talk to him away from Mom and Dad and get his take on things happening at home over the last few months.

Jeff is now officially engaged. Jen was very surprised, which is a good thing. He's now staying with me for the rest of the week. Or at least until I leave for SR. We're planning to hang out and play games tomorrow night. Can't wait.

My uncle, aunt, step-cousin, and his two kids will be through town tonight on their way to Disneyland, so we're going out to dinner. They're going to start by coming by the apartment, so I bet you can guess what I did yesterday afternoon. Yep, the apartment is now cleaner then it's been in months. :) Am I a complete bachelor or what?

And The Music Man was wonderful last night! So glad I already bought the soundtrack. I'd never seen it before, and I can see why so many people love it so much. It might take over from Sound of Music as my favorite musical. Donald and Heather came over and watched it with me, which was loads of fun.

Of course, I now have a new interest. Watching the movie last night, I realized just how much I love barbershop quartet music. So now I need to try to find some good groups. Which is much harder then it initially sounds like it will be. Anyone have any recommendations?

After the movie was over, I headed upstairs to go to bed. And tried to go to sleep until after 2! Don't know what the problem was. But what's even weirder is that I'm still wide awake and have been all day. If only I could do that on a regular basis.

No comments: