Tuesday, January 04, 2011

I Might Have to Change the Name of My Blog

In case you haven't heard, we had snow here in town Sunday.  Yes, you read that right.  Snow.

Now I know in the past I've talked about snow, but that was always 10 miles north of us.  This time it was actually here in town.

Actually, when I was leaving church Sunday I was talking with a friend about how it was cold enough that the predicted rain for the day could be snow.  I went out to lunch with some friends, and by the time I was driving home, it was raining.  It had turned to snow by the time I got home.

At first, it wasn't sticking, but you could definitely tell it was snow falling.  But when I went to head to Joe and Erica's for the night, it was sticking.  In fact, I wish I had brought my camera to show just how white things were.  Okay, so I doubt we got an inch, but the ground was covered.

By the time I left my friends' to return home, it was back to rain.  But there was still plenty of white around on my drive into work Monday morning.  Again, I left my camera at home, too.

All the snow has melted now, and we've got cold weather under blue skies.  It's supposed to be 60 by the end of the week.  And I'm glad.  This was something fun for a day, but I wouldn't want to try to live with it any more than that.

No comments: