Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Mud Run Plans

I've been meaning to make this post for a week, but with everything else going on, it just hasn't happened yet.

So in 2010, I wound up doing 5 mud runs.  And remember a year ago I was wondering if I would do more than one, right?  I really do enjoy them and how I feel after running, and this is the only way to get myself up and running on a regular basis.

So, what about 2011?  Well, I'm glad you asked.  For 2011, I intend to do 6 mud runs.  That averages out to one every other month, so it shouldn't be that bad and should keep me running all year long.

My first one isn't until April 2nd, when I'll be doing the Warrior Dash with a couple of the friends I did the Volkslauf with.

May 29th, I'll be tackling the Tough Mudder with Dave, the friend I did Gladiator Rock n Run with.

And June 11th will find Josh and I back at Camp Pendleton.  This time, we've talked our friend Joe into joining us as well.  (Talked, shamed, it's all the same thing, right?)

That means I still have three more to do.  I have a few ideas, but no one has committed to dates yet, so I can't nail things down for sure.  I'm not too worried about hitting six.  In fact, I'm thinking I'll slide right past six.

Helping me out, my friends are starting up Fit Quest again.  The first few months are going to kick my ass since all I've pretty much done is run the last year.  But it will be good for me overall.

So expect lots more muddy pictures of me as the year progresses.

No comments: