Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekly TV Recap - July 10th

I bet you thought I forgot all about this. Truth is, it has crossed my mind a couple of times today, but that's as far as it's gotten. I've been busy with other things almost all day.

Frankly, I don't have much to say this week. All my USA Network shows were in reruns, but I'll have three new shows on that network starting up this week.

Wipeout was one twice, but there was miscommunication, so I missed most of it on Tuesday. I did see the two couples in the Wipeout Zone. I would have loved to see how they got that far since both women and I think one man couldn't complete it in the 20 minute time limit. Heck, I didn't know they had a 20 minute time limit before that.

Did catch all of Thursday's episode, although I watched it in pieces. I loved how they were mocking themselves, I mean Henderson, for the one obstacle being a dud. And, yes, I will admit that I was totally rooting for the accountant and laughing at all the accounting jokes they threw in there. Have I reached my geek quota for the week?

Since the Emmy nominations came out this week, I thought I'd comment on those. Of course, every year it reminds me how out of touch I am. Seems very few of the shows I love make the list.

I'm not sorry to see Lost up for best Drama. As much as I was disappointed by the final, I know many people did like it. And I have a very hard time disliking the show overall, still. That's why I'm thrilled to see the actors getting their nominations. It's too bad Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson are going up against each other since they are both great. I think Michael deserves to win, however. And I hope Elizabeth Mitchell wins in her category since she is such an amazing actress. (Yes, I think I'm developing a bit of a crush on her.)

And my USA Network shows got some love. Sharon Gless deserves the nomination for her performance in the third season finale alone. I hope she wins. And I hope Tony Shalhoub wins for the final season of Monk. It was amazing, and he was so much of the reason as always. However, if he doesn't win, I hope that Jim Parsons wins for Big Bang Theory. I don't regularly watch that show, but when I do his performance always amazes me.

No comments: