Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekly TV Recap - July 31st

White Collar - As soon as I heard the premise for this episode, I knew it would be fun. And what could be more fun than Neil catching someone who is using an old scam of his. The episode was pretty much perfect from start to finish. And that clue about the music box needing a final piece, a piece that Neil now has? I'm very anxious to see where they do with that.

Covert Affairs - So we knew who the bad guy was all along, but I really thought they did a good job playing up the tension anyway, making us wonder if the woman would really betray him and turn her back on everything. I've got to admit, I would have a hard time if I were in her shoes. So while I knew what the right answer was, I wouldn't have jumped on it any more quickly than she did. Okay, maybe after he'd shot at Annie, I would have believed her. I'm not quite that suspicious.

Psych - Yeah! I finally found a pineapple this season. I can relax now. Okay, so some of the jokes I saw coming a mile off, like Shawn and Gus doing a victory dance in front of Lassiter at the end or Dennis' wife being a geek as well. But that didn't make those scenes any less fun. And I loved the fact that Dennis spent last weekend at ComicCon. Wish I could have been there with him. I was waiting to see what the UFO was going to be, and I was actually pretty impressed with what they did with that. And the Shawn and Gus flicking ears scenes were absolutely hilarious. Loved how they made fun of the look Shawn gets when he sees a clue. So many great moments.

Burn Notice - Never, ever kidnap Fiona. That was the lesson from this week's episode. And I was laughing during a lot of the episode as she manipulated the kidnappers into doing exactly what she wanted them to do. Of course, the opening scenes with Michael's mom also made me laugh. They really used her well tonight. She was very much a part of everything going on even with the few scenes she had.

Royal Pains - This one just wasn't my cup of tea. I'm not a big fan of drinking and partying, so that would be why. The whole episode was a take on The Hangover, just kept clean enough for the audience. Still, with exotic dancers and people passing out from being drunk, it was more than I wanted to watch. Then again, it did tell us a lot about Divya's upcoming marriage, which I actually liked. And they managed to work in the medical stuff pretty well, considering. A weak one, but you know I'll be back next week.

Considering this week is nothing but the USA Network, I thought I'd link this article from yesterday's Wall Street Journal.  It pretty much sums up how I feel about all their shows.  They're just plain fun!

New TV on DVD Reviews:
Smallville - Season 3 

No comments: