Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Afternoon Update

I'm actually leaving in a little while for my next mud run.  No, no, it's not tonight, but tomorrow morning.  I'm just spending tonight with a friend a little closer to the event.

It seems my life hasn't slowed down much this week.  Tuesday night, I got to hang out with friends I haven't seen in years.  Literally.  Okay, so two of them live in Colorado, so I have a bit of an excuse.  But the other two?  We've just stopped trying to connect, and we need to stay in better touch.  Anyway, we played Wise and Otherwise and generally had a great time.  One of the couples has a 15 month old son, and he is so cute!

We've finally gotten summer weather here.  And has it ever gotten hot!  We're talking triple digits - close to 110 if not actually there (reports vary).  Wednesday night, I went for a run at 8PM.  It was still 95 degrees.  Not that I'm complaining.  I enjoy the hot weather.  Granted, I normally stay inside or go swimming, but I just like knowing it is hot out there.

Other than that, it's been TV watching and review writing in my spare time.  You know, the usual.

The downside of this weekend is that I am missing my ultimate Frisbee game tonight.  I tried to figure out how I could work that into my schedule, but I just don't see how.  Oh well, our next game is Monday.  I'll definitely be there for that.

No comments: