Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mini Review: Disney's Alice in Wonderland

So one thing I did over the weekend is rewatch Disney's Alice in Wonderland for the reading challenge I am part of.

It's just been a year since I watched it last, so it was still pretty fresh in my mind when I read Lewis Carroll's books back in October. I've already commented on this, but I do find how much they pulled from the second book to be amazing. (That's where Tweedledee and Tweedledum appeared, as well as the idea of an unbirthday.)

The movie has too many songs. This is especially true when Alice sings. They just slow things down.

However, the segments by themselves really are quite fun. My favorites are the parts with the Queen of Hearts (and the King) and the Mad Tead Party. I just love puns, and that scene has the best puns. I laugh every time I watch it.

If you follow Disney animation, you see it going through different periods, and this is definitely a 50's movie, from the choir that sings on some of the songs to the style of the animation. But it still is enjoyable today.

No comments: