Friday, October 17, 2008

A Week And A Half

And in all that time, I've talked about books and movies and Thursday Threesomes. But not much about me. Me, me, me.

Frankly, there isn't much to say. I've had a boring week and a half where I go to work, go home, and watch TV. Thrilling stuff, I know.

(And now I'll contradict all that.)

Last weekend I had nothing going on. Only weekend like that for a while. I watched two movies on Saturday and one on Sunday. I really enjoyed The Man Who Knew Too Much, but didn't care for Madagascar. Chicken Little was a good the second time around as the first.

Sunday, I was going to go to Pasdena and play ultimate again, but my friend Kurt called and wanted to hang out. Since we haven't done that in a couple months, I changed plans and went to his house where I played Guitar Hero for the first time. Okay for an hour or so, but not something I am going to rush out and play again.

One of my co-workers is in the hospital. He is 82 and has had two strokes in the last month. I've said for the last couple years that I want to be like him when I get to that age, and I still say that. Up until this, he's been fine. Full of energy and so friendly. Honestly, if I had half his energy today.... The first stroke was rather mild and he was back to work this week, but the one Tuesday night was much bigger. Things aren't looking good right now, but you truly don't know. All we can do is pray because God does know what is best and what He is doing. Still, it's hard around work knowing he might not be back. I am going to miss his cheerfulness.

In happier news, tomorrow is Master's day at Disneyland. What, you think I am going to let a week at Disney World keep me from going? You don't know me too well, do you?

So, maybe this wasn't exciting, but at least it is my life right now.

6 comments:

...tom... said...

...

"Master's day"

..??


Too lazy to Google...



...tom...
.

Mark Baker said...

I work for The Master's College, a private Christian college. It's really a normal day, we just buy lots of tickets at a discounted price and get a caterered meal.

Anonymous said...

Catered meal? You mean, no more meal vouchers that don't really pay for the whole meal and only good at places you would rather not eat?

As for the ill TMC staff member, was it someone I might remember from my days there. I'll be praying regardless.

Mark Baker said...

I doubt this is someone you know. Jim has been at the college long enough, but he works with me in accounting, and doesn't interact with the students much.

Anonymous said...

Well, I remember a really older man that worked in the accounting office. Not really tall. Really grey, thickish hair. Glasses, IIRC. And, the name sounds familiar. Hope that isn't him, because he was really, really nice. He seemed to often eat in the cafe and I think that is where we passed/spoke. Though I always was in the student accounts office.

Mark Baker said...

That's Jim.

As I said, he is 82, so this kind of thing isn't a shock. But it's still sad.