Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

I had an absolutely wonderful Easter weekend.

I got off work early on Friday. Not at noon since I volunteered to stick around for the deposit to be picked up. Then I ran some errands, went home, and lay out by the pool reading. The weather was absolutely wonderful. I enjoyed every minute of it. I crawled into bed early, intending to read for a little while. At 1 AM, I turned off the light when I went to bed. Oh well. It was worth it.

Saturday, I didn't get up until 10 AM. Granted, I was awake at 8, but I didn't get out of bed. Felt wonderful. From there, I preceeded to do not much. Watched some movies and basically was lazy all day.

Sunday I got up in time for church. In fact, I got to church early for a change. We had a breakfast pot luck starting at 8:30, then our regular service at 10. It was a great service.

Then Kurt and Kellie invited me to join their family for picnic lunch. I fully intended to go and hang out for a few hours, then come home and spend the evening reviewing and paying bills.

I was among the first to arrive. The weather was absolutely wonderful. I hung out all afternoon enjoying the beautiful day. When we were leaving, about an hour after I was going to be home originally, Kurt and Kellie invited me back to their place. Kurt and I jumped in the pool (and since it wasn't heated yet, that's all we did) while Kellie graded. Then we went to their gym, came back for dinner, and watched Enchanted.

So, instead of getting home around 4, absolutely no later then 5, I got home at 11. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat. It was so nice to be hanging out with good friends and just doing whatever. No plans, no agenda, no watching the clock.

Unfortunately, I seem to have carried that over to work. The list of things I was going to get done while my boss has been gone the last few days? Haven't gotten to all of them. Of course, in this case that is because other things have come up that I needed to make a higher priority. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

3 comments:

LeahA said...

the feeling of a day where one does not have to get out of bed because of obligations is AMAZING... i love those days !

Mark Baker said...

Absolutely wonderful, isn't it?

Randy said...

Mark,

Thanks so much for joining us 'round the cultural watercooler at Ethos last week.

I would love for you to join us again this week with a post on your blog.

The more of us that gather the more exciting it becomes.

"None of us are as smart as all of us."

Thanks so much!!!

Randy