Tuesday, November 02, 2004

TV Tuesday and other Things

I've voted today. Have you?

Starting off today's post is today's TV Tuesday. This week, reality shows.

1. Do you watch reality shows? Which ones?
Survivor and The Amazing Race are the only ones I watch on a regular basis. Faithfully watched The Mole when it was on. Most of the others have no appeal for me whatsoever. I like the competition factor of these shows and most of the others seem to be excuses for people to make fools of themselves on TV. At least these two have things going on beside that. :)

2. What's your favorite all time reality show?
I'm going to have to go with The Amazing Race. That's the only show I'd actually love to be on. Can't wait for it to come back in two weeks, even if it's on opposite Veronica Mars.

3. Do you feel "reality" shows are real or are they faked?
I think they're real while being manipulated by the producers to make a good show. I mean, every leg of TAR finds all the teams on even footing or close to it. And they mix things up on Survivor enough that you never quite know until the end what will happen. Not to mention the way things are edited give us heros and villians. So yes, the outcome is real, but what we see if fake to make for a better/more engaging story.

~Bonus~ If your life was a reality show what would it be called? What would be the story line that kept people coming back?
Can't really think of anything. I've often said my life is a soap opera, but I really don't think anyone would want to watch it on TV.

~Bonus 2~ If you could create a reality show of your choosing what would it be about?
Maybe a combination of The Amazing Race with a literary theme. You must race to author's birthplaces based solely on titles of their books.

Can you tell I'm not feeling super creative today?

And now, it's been forever since I did any of the other kind of quizes, so I thought I'd steal a couple. First up, from Anna:

You Are a Social Blogger!
Your blog is more of a semi-private affair for your friends. It's how you keep in touch... sharing stories, jokes, and pics.

What kind of blogger are you?

No surprise there.

But can anyone tell me if it's me or blogger that messes up these things every time I take them now? The pictures always come up horrid and throw off the rest of my post.

In 1975 (the year you were born)
Gerald Ford is president of the US

Evacuation of US civilians from Saigon as Communist forces complete takeover of South Vietnam

FBI agents capture Patty Hearst, who is indicted and convicted of bank robbery

Teamster Jimmy Hoffa disappears without a trace

Marines rescue the crew of the American ship the Mayaguez near Vietnam

First Lady Betty Ford says in an interview that she thinks her children have tried marijuana

Natalie Imbruglia, Drew Barrymore, David Beckham, Enrique Iglesias, Angelina Jolie, and Tiger Woods are born

Cincinnati Reds win the World Series

Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl IX

Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup

Production begins on Star Wars

Jaws and The Rocky Horror Picture Show are the top grossing films

Soul Train premieres on television in the United States

"The Way We Were" (performed by Barbara Streisand) wins the Grammy for best song

Saturday Night Live and Wheel of Fortune premiere

What Happened the Year You Were Born?

Some of this I knew. Some I didn't care about. Like the sports stuff. :)

And now, two weeks after she posted it, via Aleta, comes this quiz.

"You are just as interesting as your weblog!"

You have an interesting weblog and an equally interesting life. You don't need to exaggerate to make your stories sound exciting. They already are. You have a small circle of friends, both online and offline, and they all love having you around. You're an all around nice person and the best friend anyone could ever imagine having.


No comments: