Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Week's Half Over

And, frankly, I feel good about what we still need to go at work. Yes, things will be busy the next couple of days finalizing things for the audit, but that's the way things always are. And my goal is be done with what I know I need to do tomorrow so that Friday I can help out with miscellaneous projects. I'm really hoping not to have to work over the weekend, and I think we can make that happen.

Monday night I had a great time with the youth. Got there in time for dinner, played so Frisbee with them, lead worship, and left. Hey, when you only have three hours, you can't do much. I was very tired by the time I got home Monday night, but it was worth it.

The worst part was the part where I had to leave. I so want to go camping.

We're having a decent hot spell. Like 100 degrees. It doesn't seem like it's been getting that hot this summer, but I'm thrilled. I love hot weather in the summer. Of course, I normally get to sit in my office and don't have to deal with it too much. For example, I'm glad it will be cooling down before the summer league tournament this weekend.

My roommate probably isn't that happy about it, however. He got heat stroke yesterday from working in the sun all day. And got a nice sun burn to boot. Hope he faired better today.

I have 30 pages left in the Diagnosis Murder novel, and I can't wait to finish. Honestly, I can't figure out how it will end. My respect for Lee Goldberg continues to grow.

It's been awhile since I've commented on politics, but I must do it today. Nuanced? Flip-Flopper? Nope, Kerry is a downright liar. Read this article. Then tell me again which candidate lies? And which really cares about lying? And this doesn't even get into his Vietnam record, which he keeps exaggerating.

20 minutes left before I can go home and finish my book. It will be a long 20 minutes.

No comments: