Friday, August 27, 2004

Back to Normal

Yes, I am normal. End of debate. (Remember, Matt, I have the power to edit your comments on my blog, so there!)

Yes, that was to a friend of mine, why do you ask?

And speaking of power on internet, I forgot to mention that I am now a moderator on a board. My mystery/thriller forum on Delphi. I'm quite honored and not at all drunk with power like some internet mods I could name. (Cough Matt Cough).

But back to the intent of my title. I feel fine. Yesterday, I felt tired, but today I feel great. I think I've licked this stupid virus and am back to normal. I intend to take it easy this weekend, but by the end, I should be going stir crazy from being in my apartment all the time.

Of course, I have hours of Olympics to watch. Probably fast forward through most of it and just watch the diving. That's what I'm most looking forward to that's left.

Speaking of the Olympics, one of the professors at the Seminary has a daughter that won the silver in the 200m track event. Don't know her, just know his name, but that's my brush with fame this time around and pretty cool if you ask me.

My refinance is going well. It appraised exactly where I thought it would and the paperwork is happening. Not much for me to do right now but wait.

Since I wasn't at practice Sunday, I didn't play last night. And the guys did just fine leading worship without me. I knew they would, but it was nice to see it happen. And Jon praised them in front of everyone, too. No, I don't feel treatened (they were asking me if I'd be back next week), and it's nice knowing that things don't always fall apart if I'm gone. Actually takes some pressure off. And the goal of them playing with me is to increase their abilities so they can lead worship. Seems like it's working.

I'm taking a class this semester. Colonial and Revolutionary American History. I love US history, and since I can take two classes a semester free, thought I'd take advantage of it. Will need to read the books, take the tests, and write a 5-7 page paper, plus attend the 8 AM class. That's the part that scares me the most. I mean, I'm often not here until 9 when I'm supposed to be here at 8:30. But I'm jazzed about it. Think it will be great. If I can keep up with the prof. Man, I was taking notes fast and furious all hour.

This does of course mean I will get off work half an hour later when I have class. But I think this will be fun. And will need to cut back on TV slightly and pleasure reading, but it's worth it.

And I'm officially off now. So it's time for dinner! And my first dinner with my friends since they all got back and started classes.

No comments: