Tuesday, July 22, 2003

When I got home Sunday night, I discovered I had a problem with my answering machine. Seems that the mechanism that makes the tape play (yeah, it's that old) had stopped working. I had one message that I have no clue what is. But I went out and bought a new phone/answering machine combo. So far, I've left myself a message and gotten one phone call on it. So far, I'm happy. I might even get caller id again after I buy a place and move since the phone is already wired for it.

So, the places I looked at last night. One was over my limit and two bedroom one bath. Ok, but not for that kind of money. One car garage and laundry facilities in the garage. The other place was a lower unit in a complex I looked at two and a half weeks ago going for much more then that unit did. My first choice would be an upper unit, but I went ahead and made a bid on that one this afternoon. Now we'll just have to see what happens. Second Tuesday in a row I've made a bid on a condo. Not a habit I want to keep up for very long.

I woke up this morning at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. Not entirely sure why, either. Read for a while, and when that didn't work, I got up and cut my hair. Actually took a risk and tried blending with the next lowest guard. Came out very well if I do say so myself. Now, I just need to work down to no guard. Of course, I am thinking that if I'm going to shave my head this summer, now's the time. I just want to see if I can talk someone else into shaving with me.

Once again, The Amazing Race decides to put all their non-elimination legs together. :( Why? Especially since it would have gotten rid of Jon and Kelly. I'd be happy if any of the other teams won. And, I misset my VCR and didn't get Monk Friday night. Rats! (Can you tell I watched my tape of stuff recorded during convention last night?)

Think that's about it. Gonna end today with last week's Thursday Threesome, brought to us by AMC and The Back Porch.

Onesome: Bell- Belling the cat: What have you taken on lately that you really, really didn't want to do? ...and did it get taken care of?
Any work at all in the office. I'm getting stuff done, but not at the rate I need to get it done.

Twosome: Book- What was the last radical departure in your reading habits? I mean, you were reading one genre for a while, what did you switch to?
I read so many mysteries, does switching to Christian fiction count? :)

Threesome: Candle- Do you burn candles around the house? use them for decoration? ...or are you more into flowers and tablecloths?
I'm a bachelor. I don't decorate period. :)

No comments: