Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Took a risk last night and it didn't quite pay off.

When I left work at 5, I decided to go to Trader Joe's even though it's way out of my way and try to buy a loaf of bread. Took me exactly 30 minutes, and I walked into my apartment at 5:30. To discover that my uncle and aunt were waiting for me. They were on their way to Disneyland with Aunt Martie's son and his two kids and we were supposed to have dinner last night. They thought they'd be in town around 6. I figured since I hadn't heard from them, I'd have time to go to TJ's. But they got into town at 5. Fortunately, Jeff and Jen were at the apartment and gave them the tour and visited with them for the 25 minutes. I wasn't there. We headed out to Oliver Garden for a good dinner. Really enjoyed getting to see them. And really wish I could be at Disneyland with them. If it weren't for the time off I was planning the rest of the month, I would be there with no hesitation.

The new Jerrilynn Farmer book was released today, and I got it in the mail from Amazon. Can't wait to start it! Unfortunately, I've still got about 100 pages in Donna Andrew's You've Got Murder. I'm really enjoying that book, however. Wish I thought I'd have time to finish it soon. But with my agenda the next few nights, I'm not even sure when I'll be watching Buffy and 24. May be taking them home to watch if I get back from the wedding while everyone else is out and about.

When I got back, Jeff and Jen were still there watching TV. We talked for a while, then Jeff and I decided to introduce Jen to the joys of The Stock Market Game. I won (I think by a landslide), but we had fun. And I'm sure Jen is hooked.

Didn't get as much sleep last night as I wanted. And it's certainly catching up with me. I had very little energy until about an hour ago. Which is a problem if I'm going to work during the work day. Got quite a bit of small stuff done this afternoon. I feel very good about that. It's the fact that I still haven't returned to the project I started last week that's concerning me.

No comments: