Monday, September 25, 2023

March 2023 - A Fun Book Signing with Friends

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment I left on your book blog, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

And a trip down memory lane.

I found out that a friend is the editor for Stuart Gibbs, a middle grade author I've been reading for years.  They are working together on a graphic novel he did for DC comics.  So when Stuart had a book signing in March, I went with her and her husband down to see him.

Of course, I was there to get some books signed, and I got in line.  They hopped in to say hi when it was my turn to get some books signed.  Stuart was surprised to make the connection, and I think they were a little surprised at how well he knew me.

After that, we grabbed some lunch at Cava, a Mediterranean chain I discovered while on the Canada and New England cruise I did last fall.  The one we went to was close to UCLA.  In fact, the close we got, the more I recognized the neighborhood.  Turned out it was across the street from the old location for The Mystery Bookstore, which I use to frequent quite a bit.  It was fun to be back in the neighborhood, but it made me wish we still had a good bookstore dedicated to mysteries in the LA area.

Along the way, we got to hang out, which was a delight.

No comments: