Friday, September 29, 2023

April 2023 Part 2 - The LA Times Festival of Books

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment I left on your book blog, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

Yes, April gets two posts.  I didn't want to combine the two.

April once again meant the LA Times Festival of Books.  I wound up going both days this year, something I haven't done for a while.  My friend could only be there on Sunday, but there were some authors I wanted to talk to on Saturday.  Outside of how high parking was, it was worth it.

Actually, Saturday, I wound up talking to several authors I hadn't planned to talk to and bought their books as a result.  Not that I've read them or have any idea when I will.  I need to read more.  If only I didn't care about things like food and shelter.

Sunday was a bit more about hanging out with my friend.  Yes, we talked to authors who were there, but we spent quite a bit of time just catching up.  Considering I hadn't seen her for a while, it was great.

No comments: