Wednesday, September 27, 2023

April 2023 Part 1 - Home for Easter

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment I left on your book blog, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

At the last minute, I decided to go home for Easter weekend.

I barely made it up in time for the Good Friday service on Friday.  Okay, so I had stopped and gotten dinner when I got into town, but I pulled in the church's parking lot about two minutes before the service started.  Actually, considering I drove several hundred miles, I'm pretty happy with that.

Anyway...

Saturday, I played some ultimate Frisbee with my brother.  I've cut back on how much I'm playing, so it was nice to play with that group.  As a surprise, someone I've played with in the greater LA ultimate community has moved to the area and was there.

I then hung out at my brother's house for a while.  We met up with our parents for my nephew's baseball game.  After dinner, I went back to Mom and Dad's to help them get ready for the next day.

After church Sunday morning, Mom and Dad hosted Easter.  My uncle came over (my aunt was sick), and a family friend was there as well.  It was a fun day.

The downside is that I was two days behind all the rest of the month.  Seriously, I finally caught up with everything that I needed to do on the 30th of the month.

No comments: