Monday, May 04, 2015

Parent's Visit

I was doing so well.  I was on track to catch up on my life last week.  And then I stopped.

Which is worse than you might realize because that last post was really a To Be Continued and you didn’t even realize it.  Or at least a to be expanded on.

See, that last weekend of April, my parents were in town visiting.  Normally, I would have skipped my beach league game, but they decided to come down and watch us play.  They got there late – about the time the wind really picked up.  Yep, their first time watching me play ultimate Frisbee and they pick a day where it is so windy we can’t really play.  We were going to spend more time around Santa Monica after the game was over, but it didn’t happen.  We were so sick of the wind we ate lunch in the car and left.

However, instead of just heading straight home, we drove up the 1 along the coast.  I’d actually never taken the drive, and it was fun and pretty.

Sunday, after church, we checked out a temporary museum in Santa Clarita.  Passages is a museum focusing on the Bible, and it was actually quite expansive.  We spent all afternoon there.  What was really fun was running into a friend of mine who is working there that I hadn’t seen in a while.

Both evenings, we spent time at their trailer playing games, which we always enjoy.


The wind Saturday in Santa Monica was very disappointing, but overall, it was a very fun visit.

No comments: